I am making it a goal to do more weeks in reviews from my Instagram stories. This week I discussed 17 products that I recommended — from what I used to deal with my Covid symptoms to a pretty new lip balm to the most comfortable shirt. I covered it all. Do not get used to this. So far this has taken me 3 hours to complete. I always think things will not take as long as they do — gets me every time.
This week I hit a big following milestone — 40k followers!! WHAT?! I say this every time I grow, but it still surprises me every day that I have that many people following me. I stopped making follower goals last year (my goal was 25,000 followers, and I crushed it!) because I started realizing that it was not about how many followers I had, but how engaged my followers were. So instead of investing time and money in increasing my followers, I spent more time in my DMs and getting to know my followers. It has been my favorite part of Instagram. However, Instagram has the worst messaging organization. So I am missing DMs more frequently. Which really bums me out. Just know I really appreciate every DM I receive and if I do not reply — try and send another one! I love connecting with everyone.
This week on Instagram
This week was a fun week because, just like all other weeks, I had nothing planned content wise. I was able to do a “Day in the Life” series of what a typical day looks like for me. That was fun. I was able to open up about my goals and weight issues . Then, I showed off my 9th grade marching band picture. And I was very busy at my full-time job.
I have gotten a lot better at saving all of my highlights for the current week to my “This Week” highlights. If you missed anything, I captured them all right here! Or you can just skip to the various recommendations I made throughout the week!
Links are commissionable links, which means I may make a commission off of your purchase — at no extra cost to you!
- 1. Vick’s Personal Steam Inhaler – Game changer for any type of cold. I bought when I had bronchitis this fall, but used during my bout with Covid. It is a slow warm mist, making it easy to inhale and cough. And you can use your HSA/FSA card!
- 2. Saline in a can – I found out that I am not the only one with an irritational fear of brain-eating amoeba. Which is why I do not use a Neti-Pot or Sinu-Rinse. I just do not trust the water. I use saline two ways: help clear my nasal passages before I spray my nasal spray for allergies and to help moisturize my nasal passages when they feel dried out. Saline in a can is sterile, so I don’t have to worry about amoeba. I hope.
- 3.Boogie Wipes – Bought these for Rebecca when she was a baby, have used for myself ever since — especially if I am blowing my nose frequently. It helps prevent chapped nose for me!
- 4.Portable pill box with easy open lid – I bought this pillbox for my purse. I have had many pillboxes over the years spill out, but this one doesn’t because you have to press a button to open the lid. There are four compartments and they are big enough for big supplements!
- 5.Breathe Right strips – I used to think these were a scam. However, they really did help open up my nostrils. I used the clear ones to get through my work day — you could hardly see them on Zoom!
- 6.Zenni glasses – everyone loved Rebecca’s glasses. I buy from Zenni because they are so much cheaper than the eye doctor and Rebecca loves to pick out her own pairs. She loves the three she picked out!
- 7. Essence mosiac blush in berry – I bought this blush because it was $3.99 and looked great on State of Kait. It is supposedly a Dior blush dupe – but I have never tried that one. It is magic because it has staying-power and has the slightest shimmer to it which helps bring out a natural glow – without highlighter!
- 8. Nordstrom Hydrocotton towels – My favorite towels. They have been 25% off this month, but it ends Monday. Otherwise, best price you will find is during the Nordstrom sale. They made my 2020 Favorites last year and my #1 recommendation for the Nordstrom sale.
- 9.Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse – I was trying to show off a pullover, but only had a video of me typing on a keyboard to show James how quiet it is. You see, I wanted a white keyboard. And it had to be Logitech. I have the best luck with Logitech. But I wanted a medium click. This one still clicks, but it is much softer. It is supposedly 90% quieter than other keyboards. It has grown on me.
- 10.Spatty Daddy makeup/skincare spatula – A follower had asked for a recommendation to get the rest of the serum out of a bottle of Peter Thomas Roth Vitamin C. These Spatty Daddy’s are it. I use them for everything — and can usually find like 5-6 more uses! Also, a lot of people DMed me they were having problems going through the Peter Thomas Roth Vitamin C too fast, too. So maybe avoid that one!
- 11. Naturium Phyto-Glow lip balm in Camelia – I posted about this lip balm in the fall. I have found it to be very similar to the Revision Lip Replenisher, minus the mint flavoring and a little less sticky. Which, I prefer. It moisturizes. It stays on your lips. I did not think I would like Camelia, but it is the perfect natural lip balm that brings out the natural pink in lips. And it is 1/3 the price of Revision!
- 12. Charles River sweater fleece pullover – I love this pullover because it is sweater on the outside, fleece on the inside. It is somehow never too warm in the house, but still keeps you warm outside.
- 13. Zella Live-In High Waisted Leggings – These are my second favorite pair of unlined leggings. I like them because they do not fall down easily (essential for Apple-shape), but also don’t pill easily. I use them for walks outside. They come in petite, maternity, plus — so many different sizes. And they are 20% off right now!
- 14. Knox Rose Dress – I posted this dress because I recently bought it before all the plus sizes were out of stock. I love the print of it and it looks like an easy dress to throw on for work from home, errands, or going into work. Right now all clothes are 30% off at Target, too! Comes in sizes XS to 4X.
- 15. J.Crew gauze shirt AKA BEST SHIRT EVER – This is THE shirt. I am so glad I randomly bought it last year. It is very light, but softens with every wash. Never looks wrinkled. Comfortable. I was able to wear it for all of the seasons — even summer! The best. I own in white, green, and rose. The blue, rose and green are an extra 50% off with code EPIC this weekend. I have both my true size (fits a little big) and a size down (fits just right) and I would say size up if you have a large chest. Otherwise, pick based off of how you like to wear shirts.
- 16. J Crew Zip Up Pullover – I have not received mine yet, but everyone DMed me to tell me it is indeed awesome. Just big. It is also 50% off with code EPIC.
- 17. Athleta Fleece-Lined Leggings – I bought these in November and LOVE them. They do not fall down. They are so warm. I can wear them outside in cold weather and not have the wind cut straight to my legs. And they are so soft. Love them so much. You can get 20% off with code ATHSOCAL. Expensive, but well worth it if you are in a cold temperature.
- Back to top